Thursday 19 March 2015

Strength comes from within...




Some days I really miss the old me.


It's as if that person is an old friend you haven't seen in ages, but remember with great fondness. Sometimes the pain of that is overwhelming. A deep sadness takes hold in my heart and I cry, grieving for what I have lost. That is normal and human. I don't think you get over a big loss in your life, but you learn to live with it. 


Loss and pain sculpts with a rough hand. Friendship and support helps you keep going, but when you get down to the nitty gritty plain truth, you have to do it by digging down deep within yourself and finding courage. You are stronger than you know. Braver than you know. You have things within you that you will never even know are there until you need them.


I won't lie and tell you challenges are easy. They aren't. But the fight IS worth it. Do what you need to do. Keep fighting. Don't give up! Learn to care for and love yourself. You will find a beauty that will astonish you. You will grow into a new person, one that has more inside them, a deeper, richer soul with an understanding of yourself and others.  


When people say you are brave, you won't think so. You might explain, there was no choice, you just had to do it. One foot in front of the other. But that is EXACTLY why you ARE brave. You accepted the obstacles and kept going.  


Loss can make us more compassionate, thoughtful, empathetic and less likely to judge others. It can make us kind, creative and inspiring. When you overcome what you never thought you could and use that experience to be a better person, then you are the stuff heroes are made of. You are amazing and you inspire me.


Keep going,
Jane 
aka Queen Babs


2 comments:

  1. I thought I posted, but knowing me, I did something wrong :) I am so glad you started this blog. You inspire so many people, especially me. You help me remember that I need to be brave through all of this pain. You do this with your wonderful stories of your adventures. You do it with your yarnbombings. I am so glad I found you through this creation we call the web :)
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete