Sunday 29 March 2015

Do you have a goal?




Do you have a goal? 

“Who you were, who you are and who you will be are three different people.”

I always thought I'd get married and have children and teach school or something like that. I didn't plan on getting ill or having traumatic things happen - who does? I think by my late 30s I had decided to just grow old without a partner with friends and family around me. ❤️ 

I never thought my life would have such twists and turns and adventure and pain and demands on my strength. If nothing bad had happened to me I don't think I would have understood or appreciated as much. Or that this would allow me to learn and grow and develop so that I realise there is so very much more to do in my life. Sometimes I feel like I am just beginning. ❤️ 

I have no idea where life will take me next, but it's exciting and scary all at the same time. I have no grand plans for the future just - 

1. Keep working on my health 
2. Live lovingly with my husband Martin 
3. Be creative 
4. Take opportunities that arise if I want to. 
5. Practise kindness and compassion. ❤️ 

Goals don't have to be big and grand, they just help you focus on what is important to you. Goals change with us as we change. Surviving each day IS a goal, but when you can raise your head and start looking up, think about what you might like to do. Small, short term goals are good for many of us.

Hang in there,
Jane

1 comment:

  1. I always thought I'd be a nurse, or doctor, and have 6 children, a wonderful husband and live in a one story house with a large back yard, and have a cat and a dog. Well, let's see: didn't even go to college, 5 girls (yes, I do have grey hair, well earned I may say!), a husband...well, let's just say I've been divorced for 4 years, and my youngest girl and I live in a nice 2 bedroom apartment, with a small patio, on the ground floor. Our sweetheart of a cat, Keeko, passed away Dec 11. He had been with us 9 years and we miss him so.
    I have had to re-think my life goals, what with being a single mom and both of us with chronic diseases. So here is a new list:
    1. Everyday we tell each other that while we may not be 'normal' in others eyes, we are just fine as we are.
    2. We are having talks about how we can get a business going for our craftiness. I crochet, sew and cross-stitch and Laura is an excellent artist.
    3. Even though we do have 'big' dreams of things that will happen but not for a time, we keep our focus on our little goals, like exercise, walking and trying to eat healthier.
    It may not be a huge life statement, but we are trying to stay positive and realize that some days you just need to CRY!!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete